Even though the fastest chargers like Tesla’s Level 3 superchargers, are only available for public use, there’s nothing stopping homeowners or business owners to install their own EV chargers on their private property. If you own an electric vehicle, it’s actually recommended, and it’s a good idea to start looking for the best options that are available in accordance with your budget and the needs of your EV.
Aurora electricians actually have a lot of good tips for homeowners looking to install an electric car charging station on their property:
- The first step is to do your research on what type of charging station you need. Your car might require a special type of station and might have trouble working with others.
- You simply can’t get around the fact that you need to hire a certified Aurora electrician early on, who can help you to make the best choices regarding your purchase, obtain your permits and set up your Level 2 charger.
- You also have to confirm that your electrical panel has enough space to run the charger and that the circuit breaker is capable enough to support the wattage that will be required.
- Permits need to be obtained before installing a charger, especially if the building’s wiring needs to be changed to support a greater amount of electric current.
- Finally, once everything is prepared, you can get your skilled Aurora electrician at https://jmelectricinc.com/ to install the charger safely, so it’s ready for its first use.