There are many things and fun facts from JM Electric Inc., that people don’t know about electricians, one of them being how many celebrities have trained to be electricians before they became famous. Here are some names:
- Rowan Atkinson – before his famous roles as Blackadder, then as Mr. Bean, Rowan Atkinson trained to be an electrical engineer, he even received a masters degree in 1975 in Oxford;
- George Harrison – before becoming a member of the Beatles and starting a world movement in music, George Harrison trained as an electrician apprentice for a short while. However, he didn’t seem to be very good at his trade and he was made to give up after having blown up a few things;
- Alfred Hitchcock – when Hitchcock left school at the age of 16, he worked as an electrician apprentice in a factory that produced electrical appliances. He spent a very short as an apprentice, though – he was quickly promoted to the sales department;
- Elvis Priestley – the King was training to become an electrician before he started a career in the music industry;
- Albert Einstein – one of Einstein’s first jobs was to install lights and cables at the first Oktoberfest in history to be illuminated with electric lights powered from a steam generator.