Most of the time when we analyze the comfort of a building, two essential factors come to our mind: light and heat. In this article we will discuss about lighting the interior spaces and how we can benefit from high comfort at low energy consumption using energy efficient lighting solutions.
Some criteria for obtaining energy efficient lighting would be:
- Choosing lighting fixtures with high light efficiency and corresponding color rendering properties
- Choosing lighting fixtures with efficient light distribution – choosing lighting fixtures with high light output
- Choosing a system adaptable to changing lighting requirements
- Choosing lighting fixtures with reduced installation and maintenance requirements
- Painting the surfaces of the room in light colors
What is SSL?
Solid state lighting (SSL) is the most innovative technology on the market today. It is based on light-emitting semiconductor materials that convert electricity into light and include illumination with luminescent diodes (LEDs) and organic electroluminescent diodes (OLEDs).
What is LED technology?
A light emitting diode (LED) is a semiconductor diode that emits light. Discovered from the beginning of the 20th century, it could not be used properly until in the 80-90s, when specialists found new ways to use electroluminescence. Compared to incandescent bulb or fluorescent lamps, LED bulbs can produce the same luminous flux but at much lower consumption. Talk with your local electrician Denver has to offer and find new lighting solutions for your home.