electrical carbon monoxide unit electrician install

Carbon monoxide is a very dangerous gas that can be extremely toxic if you inhale it for longer periods and in certain dosages. Carbon monoxide poisoning can be caused by the burning of a variety of fuels, and inside your home it might be the byproduct of wood stoves, water heaters, fireplaces, furnaces and boilers.


Of course, you won’t really know if you’re exposed to carbon monoxide, unless you have a carbon monoxide detector. Otherwise, you might begin to notice certain symptoms, but you could just end up dismissing them as being caused by something else, right up until the point where it’s too late and you have to go to the hospital.


A good carbon monoxide detector can be very advantageous to buy, since the price is typically below $50, and it can notify you of dangerous gases lurking inside your home. However, as most devices, these sensors don’t last forever and sometimes they need to be replaced.


A licensed Centennial electrician recommends that you replace your carbon monoxide detector about once every 5-7 years, but it’s possible that some units might last longer while others could fail sooner. A helpful tip is to keep an ear out for the distinctive beeping sound that signifies the end of the device’s useful life. Also, you should check the battery once every 6 months or so, even if the device’s self-monitoring system doesn’t notify you that it needs to be replaced.